For your start in the industry of truck driving, Simon’s Trucking recommends Iowa Central Community College. We believe their program is best set up to give individuals the knowledge they need to become an experienced truck driver. We’ve hired several ICCC students and have been happy with the results. Some of the topics you’ll learn for example:
- Hands on pre, post and in-route inspections (before operating equipment)
- Proper seat, mirror adjustment, and cab familiarization
- Shifting at proper RPM ranges (double clutching)
- Basic control of your equipment (safe operations at all times)
- Turning – set up, types of turns, and safe speed during turns
- Backing – set up, type of backs, mirror usage, and safety during backs.
For more information please visit their website at: http://www.iowacentral.edu/transportation/index.asp