Fleet Managers are the backbone of the operation. We are looking for an individual to help manage our professional drivers, freight and service our customers.
Essentials for Success:
- Willingness to work quickly and efficiently to support all drivers and fellow Fleet Managers
- Organized and detailed oriented
- Ability to shift gears quickly
- Finding satisfaction in helping others succeed
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Computer skills required
- Ability to keep calm under pressure
- Geographic knowledge
- Excellent problem solving abilities
- Excellent time management skills
- Math Aptitude
- Providing and maintaining excellent customer service and satisfaction
- Focus on HOS when planning loads and runs
- Understand and ensure adherence to applicable DOT regulations
- Communicate safety expectations and coach the driver on any safety related issues when necessary
- Build relationships with professional commercial truck drivers by keeping them informed, focused and motivated
- Updating customers on load status
- Schedule delivery appointments for freight on a daily basis, properly note appointment time/date on delivery receipts and accurately and promptly enter delivery appointment information into computer
- Collaborate with other Fleet Managers to solve scheduling problems
- Perform check calls with drivers daily
- Ensure drivers are using the proper route and they understand the correct route to take on each load
- Monitor driver revenue and miles on a daily and weekly basis
- Ensure driver detention is accounted for and billed correctly for customer and broker loads.
- Communicate with Maintenance, Accounting, Human Resources and Safety as needed.
- Weekend work and on call as business required
- All other duties as assigned