Simon’s Trucking is looking for a Trailer Technician. This position handles the complete repair and general maintenance of semi-trailer along with other types of trailers.
Technician will be responsible for complete and general maintenance of trailers
- Determines equipment condition by conducting inspections and diagnostic tests; identifying worn and damaged parts.
- Perform repair and customization work as assigned including routine maintenance, brake replacement/repair, suspension repair, electrical and hydraulic component troubleshooting and repair, trailer body repair including complete trailer rebuild, Refrigerated Unit repairs.
- Inspect the overall condition of trailers to ensure that they meet U.S. Department of Transportation’s safety requirements.
- Compile inspection reports detailing their findings
- Track all parts and materials used in repairs or replacements.
- Ensure the final work product meets quality standards
- Maintain a safe and clean work area for co-workers
- Knowledge of all tools required to perform repairs and maintenance on equipment
- Computer skills as required.
- Must have own tools.
- Complete paperwork in a timely and concise manner.
- Follows all safety policies and procedures.
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with corporate and OSHA standards.
- Physical activities include: walking, lifting, twisting, turning, climbing a ladder, etc.
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- 6 month trailer mechanic experience required
- 1 + years Aluminum & Steel welding experience.