Truck & Trailer TechnicianApply Now
Tractor & Trailer Technicians are responsible for performing preventative maintenance and general repairs on tractor and trailer units to Company and DOT standards. Technicians complete all needed repairs keeping quality, safety, and expediency at the forefront. Technicians work with Safety, Shop and Operations personnel to improve vehicle out of service standards and ensure compliance with DOT and Company requirements. Technicians are also responsible for inventory controls, processing order paperwork, and maintaining. Technicians are relied on daily to keep our fleet of trucks and trailers in top condition.
- Determines vehicle condition by conducting inspections and diagnostic tests; identifying worn and damaged parts.
- Perform repair and customization work as assigned including routine maintenance, brake replacement/repair, suspension repair, electrical and hydraulic component troubleshooting and repair, trailer body repair including complete trailer rebuild, Refrigerated Trailer repairs.
- Inspect the overall condition of truck and trailers to ensure that they meet U.S. Department of Transportation’s safety requirements.
- Compile inspection reports detailing their findings
- Track all parts and materials used in repairs or replacements.
- Ensure the final work product meets quality standards
- Maintain a safe and clean work area for co-workers
- All other duties assigned
- Some Knowledge of tools required to perform repairs and maintenance on vehicles.
- Computer skills as required.
- Must have own tools.
- Completed paperwork in a timely and concise manner.
- Follows all safety policies and procedures.
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with corporate and OSHA standards.
- Physical activities include: walking, lifting, twisting, turning, climbing a ladder, etc.
- Must have a valid driver’s license; CDL- A is a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer