As a truck driver you are constantly coming in contact with goods shipped from overseas. This doesn’t only affect you but it also affects the shipper or receivers that are also handling these goods.
Tips to Staying Healthy on the Road:
- Wash Your Hands!
- Wash your hands often with soap and water. You should do this for at least 20 seconds. Or you can sing your favorite trucker song. Whichever you prefer!
- Hand Sanitizer
- As a truck driver, you are in contact with a lot of germs on the road. One thing that you can buy to keep you healthy on the road is to buy some hand sanitizer.
- Social Distancing
- As much as you can, you should practice social distancing of up to 6 feet away when you are in public.
- Things to Avoid!
- Avoid touching your eyes, mouth and nose with unwashed hands.
- If you can, avoid groups of 10 or more.
- Avoid contact with individuals that are sick.
- Avoid coughing into your hands. Cover your nose/mouth when coughing. If you don’t have a Kleenex close by, cough into your elbow or sleeve!
Stay healthy, drivers!